Monday, September 14, 2009

RIP Patrick Swayze



Why is it we feel so hearbroken when beloved celebrities die? I remember John Ritter's surprise death left me reeling for weeks. I felt like a close family member was gone. Michael Jackson was sad, too, and my husband and I played our Jackson CD's and talked about his career and life. Now Patrick Swayze. The man had pancreatic cancer, so it's not like I expected him to make some kind of miraculous recovery, yet...what is it? It's like they're larger than life, like celebrities can't possibly die. Like most girls, I grew up adoring "Dirty Dancing," arguably the best cheesy movie ever made. The music, the dancing, the lines: "Nobody puts baby in the corner!" My god, it's brilliant!

I'm sad about Patrick Swayze, it gives me this dull ache in my heart. I think that famous people feel like a part of us, since fans own just a tiny little bit of the person through their movies/music/art/books.

No comments:

Post a Comment