Thursday, September 3, 2009

If Only I Was Famous...

I could check myself into a posh rehab facility for "exhaustion" right about now. It's been a long and painful couple of weeks, and I apologize for not writing for awhile. Our only car broke down, and we decided to get something new. I love the new, crazily overpriced hunk of gas-guzzling beauty. We could buy one of our kids four years at a state university for what we're paying, and it pains me to think about it. It's also not a hybrid, something else that eats away at me. I do my best, people!

So, we have the new financial strain of a huge car payment. We're moving toward a less consumer-driven lifestyle (I know that sounds ridiculous, what with the new car and all) to make up for the hit our checking account will be taking. I'm doing the grocery game thing, hunting through sales ads to find the best deals. Planning meals around what's cheap that week, which is taking a lot of getting used to. I was a spoiled grocery shopper before, pretty much buying whatever I felt like.

I also got the flu, a very long stretch of it, and wasn't up for doing much. Thankfully my mom is around to help with the kids, because every square inch of my body ached. I'm okay now, and hoping that'll be it for our family and the flu this year. Fingers crossed...

I'm going to be volunteering at a local animal hospital starting next week. I'm excited to get back into veterinary work again, and I hope it eventually leads to a paid position.

Meanwhile, I finally lost the 4lbs I'd gained while being completely lazy on the WW plan. I feel re-energized about the whole thing, and have been getting in good workouts. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment