Friday, January 8, 2010

Food Obsession

After taking a break from counting points during the holidays (and while I was sick for 3 weeks), I'm back to journaling my food and making sure I stay within my points range of 28 (plus my extra 35 weekly and activity points). I remember when I first started Weight Watchers and had a ton of points, it wasn't ever an issue. I ate and ate, and my weight fell off like crazy. I swear, dropping into the 20s has been incredibly challenging, and it's been a never ending battle with the same 4 pounds over and over and over. So, I'm back to counting today, as Fridays are my weigh-in day.

I've worked out nearly everyday since Jan. 1. I'm back to running, training for a Shamrock Run 5K in March...my legs and hips are SO SORE from the increased running, but I'm meeting a physical challenge I never thought I could. I've been doing a ton of yoga and loving it. It really helps with the running soreness. I've been fitting some short and intense rebounding workouts (mini trampoline) on the weekends, as well.

I definitely HAVE to workout, along with my careful eating, in order to lose weight. While WW doesn't require exercise as part of the program, I need it.

So, here I am entering all of my meals and snacks into eTools all day long. I only have 5pts left for dinner, a common issue...It being Friday night, I'll dip into extra points or activity points for some wine tonight. Going off program and then returning brings that obsession with food that you get when you first start a weight loss program, as well. I can't stop thinking about food: What will I eat? What has only a few points? Is it time to eat? I'm SOOOOOO hungry, even though I just ate!

Aargh, I know I just need to give my body a couple of days to remember that it's not going to starve, that being hungry isn't an emergency, and to just relax and go with the flow of counting points, but I just wish I'd stayed on program to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment