Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The World Does Not Revolve Around You

I used to work in social services, and have dealt with people at their worst. For the most part, my experience has shown people to be good hearted. They usually mean well and work hard to improve their situations. They care about others and make sacrifices to improve themselves. Then, there is that small percentage who are flaming assholes that need to be punched in the crotch. This is a memo to one such person.

Ever since I started going to the gym that I currently belong to, there has been a self-centered, oblivious, self-important bitch on one of the ellipticals. I loathe this woman with a passion, and she represents everything I hate about having to go to a gym in the first place. I belong to a community center facility, so there aren't 500 machines to grab. They have the rule that all gyms seem to use, that you can have a cardio machine for 30 minutes at a time, then must get off to give others a chance. This time of year it's packed with New Year's resolution crowds, and there's a good chance you might have to stand in line. This dumbass shows up, puts her water, towel and magazine on the elliptical, then proceeds to wander around the gym blabbing to people and doing everything EXCEPT workout.

Yes, she finds it acceptable to "save" a machine for herself while she goes on with her own personal social hour. This morning, she did it for 15 minutes (I was on a machine behind her, and timed it)!! None of the employees ever say a thing to her, and it infuriates me. Once she gets on the thing and starts her workout, she talks at full volume, bloviating about how important she is/her job is/her life is.

I'm contemplating a way to let her know what a fucking creep she is, because I think she honestly believes her behavior is just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment