Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Bra-Hunting Toddler

This afternoon, My 20 month old daughter took a very late nap. My mom was around to keep an eye on her for me, so my 3 year old son and I went to run a few errands. After suffering through the ridiculous WinCo during rush hour, we bought half of PetSmart for our little home zoo (a dog, two rats and a cat...that means: Giant bag of dog food that could feed a small nation, rat food that is pretty much high priced trail mix, and catnip so Spooky wouldn't feel left out). Since we had some time to kill before picking up my husband, we visited the nirvana known as Target.

Armed with the necessary provisions (popcorn combo and Starbucks. Good lord, I'm so white), we grabbed a few necessities. I saw that the bra section was loaded with awesome deals, and my weight loss has made it necessary for me to buy new bras every five minutes. As I looked, here's what happened:

Andy: What are you looking at, mommy?

Me: Bras

A: Who are bras for?

Me: For mommies

A: Do I need bras?

Me: No. You're a little boy, so you don't need one.

A: I'm a BIG BOY, mommy!!!!!

Me: Sorry, yes, you're a big boy, but even big boys don't need bras.

A: Why don't big boys need bras?

Me: Because you don't have boobs.

A: I DO HAVE BOOBS (this at full volume, no less)

Me: No, you really don't have boobs that need a bra.

Andy: Well, I'm getting some bras for myself!

He then proceeded to wander around with handfuls of bras. Yeah, that's my boy

No comments:

Post a Comment